5.21.2007

Happy birthday to me.

And a top of the morning to you, too.

Well, it's not actually my birthday. But it was yesterday. I had lots of nice calls, and today got hugs from everyone at work.

Yesterday, over the weekend, I took stock of my life. Do you do that? I do, every birthday. I do do it during the year, too, but mostly that day is one for reflection. No boozy parties for me, oh no.

I really like what I see developing. I did the Reiki - een wanting to do that for ages. I've come "out" of the broom closet to the hubs - who wasn't very surprised. I've stuck with this blog now a long time, long for me. I've got the cats, one of whom loves me and one who tolerates me but worships the hubs, and that is great. We're getting ready to finally buy a car - first one in three years - and I'll get to drive it to my work, thus cutting down on a huge amount of stress and negativity in the train. I am finding pathways in myself and re-habitualizing myself in ways I never would have thought. I'm finding an inner peace that just rocks.

What am I doing that is still bothering me? I tend to get negative real quick. I can't handle people around me - a crush of people just makes all my hair stand on end. I'm still drinking coke and eating sugar, and I've really tried to keep that down. I'm not working out like I should, but more than I did. My backbone is not as sharp and strong as I'd like...but at least I've reached the point where I feel comfortable starting things, which is a huge accomplishment.

What do I want to do this year? I want to do Reiki 2 in six to eight months, if possible. I want to renovate this room I'm living in - odds are we'll stay in Dortmund and I'll commute, which means we can have a far nicer room for what we'd pay for a hovel in Köln. I want to do the basic course in Shiatsu, with a planned path to making that more of my life. I want to find a way to help society out...the people in it. Maybe abused kids. After all, I know what they feel like, and I think I'd be able to do something there. I don't know what exactly, but it's something I really want to examine and make more of myself of. I want to lose the rest of this nasty weight I'm carrying around, but if I can#t do it all at once that's okay, I'll be patient. Oh - and keep the job past six months and get a raise.

Not too much to chew off, hmmm?? (sniff)

I'm putting this up here because I think I'll be doing this blog next year, and I want to hold myself acountable. I think it's possible to do.

So happy birthday to me. I'm on the right track I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ... may the year to come be filled with love light and many blessings.

Mama Kelly

AutumnZ said...

Happy Birthday! And good luck with all you want to accomplish over the next year. :-)

Mutableblue said...

Belated Birthday wishes!