5.13.2007

What I've Been Doing.

First off: er, sorry.

I had totally planned on writing during the week, but once again, it's got away from me. Here it is Sunday, and I'm writing the post I had planned for Wednesday at the latest. Oh well. Do please forgive me.

I've been flying a little low under the radar, as we got the new boy, Blue, 1.5 weeks ago. It's been quite an experience.

Poor little boy came out of the crate (he flew from Czech) so upset - and he was in the hubs' arms from the first moment - mot making another mistake like that again! He bonded well to him, tho. Purring and all that. We were a little overwhelmed by his condition - skin and bones was being far too charitable an impression of him. Seriously, he grossed us out - what *was* this owner doing to him?

We finally got him home - he slept in hubs arms on the way as I drove - and we went up to our flat and directly into another little pit of Hells.

The Cat Detested him. I mean, detested. I picked him up, the Cat, to cement his position as "my" cat, so he wouldn't get unneccessarily upset. Toooooo late.

He hated poor Bllue on sight. Followed him around, hassled him, bit him - the Cat is far more in condition than poor Blue, and used his weight to really push him around. I checked with my breeder friend, who said Sphynxes were really easy to assimilate, and wonder of wonders, she's never tried two adult castrated males together before. Poor Cat and Blue were the guinea pigs, I guess.

It went on for about a week, the Cat full of hate and poor Blue completely uncertain as to what he should do - but in the end, finally, they clicked.

Here are my two helpers in the kitchen:

He is very intent on eating everything in sight. But you can see, he is still quite skinny compared to the sumo-Cat (left).

This is the boys on a typical day now - FINALLY - as captured by the father-in-law when he came upstairs to check on them:

It's a cat paradise.

And here is our new boy Blue sleeping under the covers. He absolutely adores that. For the first few days when we thought he had ran away or was hiding, turns out he was sleeping under the blankets:

The Cat is also completely changed. As he gets all his aggression out running and playing with Blue, there are no more scarred hands on either me or hubs from playing with him. He's also MUCH happier with a friend. Much much happier. me too.

3 comments:

AutumnZ said...

This is a perfect post for Mother's Day. Because that is exactly what you are and have been doing. You were acclimating yourself to having two children! I'm glad they are getting along. Poor things, both of them! The Cat freaked out with this new guy around, and Poor Blue who hadn't known much love.

Goddess Bless!

Mutableblue said...

He's GORGEOUS!!! What lovely photos of the two boys, glad they are now best of pals.

Anonymous said...

So glad it worked out for you! And for Cat and Blue.