7.05.2007

Learning about Ganesha

I've been busy trying to better my situation around my job and life thing versus the heart, and I'm getting somewhere - I think. It seems to be being helped by my deity (yes, I've adopted him) Ganesha, that came to visit me at my Reiki II initiaion.

Since then, I have meditated every night and called him, and I have been answered once. He appeared in a golden palace with two females behind him. Again, dancing.

The thing is that I seem to get no sentences from him. Is it just that I'm not very good at this? I get feelings, and moods, and influence from him, just not on a talking level. Perhaps that is better, when I think about it. Words can always be misconstrued. But I'm working on it ask much as possible, and I feel much more light-hearted in my serach to better yself. I will let you know as soon as anything is decided.

I found some very interesting information about him, though. From Wikipedia:

Ganesha is worshipped as the lord of beginnings and as the lord of obstacles (Vighnesha),patron of arts and sciences, and the god of intellect and wisdom.He is honoured with affection at the start of any ritual or ceremony and invoked as the "Patron of Letters" at the beginning of any writing.

Little note - how cool is that that he is the patron of letters! Tailor-made for me, being a writer! How did I not know about him before?

I've found some books on him online, and will be ordering them - probably at the end of this month. In addition, I'm trying (when I have time) to read about him.

It turns out that he was married to two sisters that he won by feats of guile (which explains the two women behind him that were swaying). They do show him as having a belly, I didn't really see so much of a belly, but he was definitely short and stocky. And of a red hue.

I feel like there is a definitey connection - and that he came in at exactly the right moment to let me know he is there and supporting me. It is such a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so interesting! I would like to start getting in touch with myself and those who watch over me, too. Good for you!