4.01.2007

Cleansing, Tuning and Charging your Stones

I knew that my crystals and gems should be cleansed of all outside energies after having them, but I long had a problem to figure out how to do it. Your stones are capable of holding your charged energy as well as absorbing energy from the environment around them: a very important reason to cleanse newly-aquired stones.

To charge and purify your stones:

Remember, that always your will and intuition will guide you. Keep the reasoning in the forefront of your mind, if you have a particular reason you are charging this stone. Otherwise, think of the purification and cleansing that the stone will feel.

1. Cleanse your crystal by holding it under running water for awhile. What I read recommended a stream, but as I don't live anywheres near a stream, I used the tap water. If you have genuine sea salt, sprinkle a little over your stone and cleanse it off with the water.
2. Use the sun and the light of the full moon to further charge your stone. What I read said either 24 hours, 3 days or 7 days, but I did one full evening of the full moon and the dark moon after. It seemed right to me. If you are more a "golden sun" person, use the sunlight, a "silver moon" person, the moon.

If you feel like, in a few months, you need to recharge, okay...do the same thing.

Alternatively, you can leave your stone on top of a large piece of amethyst for 24 hours, and that would help as well, amethyst being a cleansing stone.

Programming your stones:

Although I've read about it, I've not ever tried to program a crystal. I've thought about it, and I'm going to program some stone beads (that I'll get at my new stone store, see below) to make into a key chain for the hubs. He's leery of my herb magic, as he calls it, but he'd use a keychain I made for him.

I'm only wondering how I can program for another person. Probably the same way I programmed his ring for him (that he gets on his christian Easter holiday)

To do that, I decided what purpose the ring (now stone) was to have. For him particularly, the ring was a peaceful feeling, with love and calmness as afterthoughts.

Opening my top head chakra, I let white and golden light flow down through the ring that I held in both hands, visualizing the energy being soaked up like a sponge in the ring. The only words I spoke were "For Hubs".

He'll get it this next weekend, and I'm really looking forward to giving it to him. I think that this programming ritual would work equally well for a stone.

3 comments:

Mutableblue said...

Black Tourmaline is one that needs to sit in Sun and moonlight for a minimum of two days.

You've listed four of my regular wears. ;)

Mama Kelly said...

I can;t remember hte last time I gave all of our stones/crystals the care they need and deserve

I fear though it will have to wait until the 3weeks I have tween this semester and the summer one.

Mama Kelly

AutumnZ said...

You know, I think I may be a low maintenance pagan.
I hold whatever it is I'm trying to cleanse against my 3rd eye 6th Chakra, and say "Be cleansed of all impurities. As I will it, so mote it be".
That's it.