4.01.2007

Feeling stone energies

Yesterday, on my free Saturday, I happened across a new stone store, chock-full of lovely beads of all my favourite types of stones. So, being somewhat unsettled in mind, I went in and got a few.

I have a silver dragon-head that has, at the end of it, a moonstone, and I got the brilliant idea to make a nice bracelet out of it. I chose (or rather, they chose me):

JADE - helps concentration, develops psychic powers and helps you discover deep parts of your personality;

AMETHYST - transformation and protection, cleansing. Promotes happiness and spiritual awareness. Helps with sleep and deflects negativity;

Tiger's eye - Helps you become more practical. Optimism that means success, and protects against negativity.

Lastly, my silver dragon has Moonstone, which: increases your intuition, helps to balance emotions, and protects against anxiety and stress.

My dragon, a side view:


Dragon and Tiger's eye, top:


From this view, you can see the Amethysts...


I am a big macrame-nut, so I knotted between the stones and the dragon, and used an opposites closure on the other side, leaving the jade free to swing back and forth.

I love it...obviously I need me some negativity protection and stress relief, as I'm feeling very insecure right now, and helping me with my intuition practice and practicality side.

It feels very nice and right on my hand. Looks good, too.

I always was most fond of natural stones when I was younger (doesn't that sound horrible). What I realize now is that they certainly helped me through some difficult times, even when I didn't know they were helping.

It's rather odd to think of a stone helping you out, or holding yourself to stabilize onesself, but it really works. I have a selection of larger ones I got at the Christmas market (I know, but it's rather pagan) that stick around at my computer. I'm thinking of taking some of them with me to work, the more protective stones.

Try it. Go into a gem or stone shop, and let your hand and eye trail leisurely over the selection. Feel a burning sensation, or a feeling of rightness? Let your hand settle on the one stone that seems to call to you. Pick it up, roll it around in your hand. Settle yourself and look "inside" the stone - reaching into your hand to feel the stone. Does it vibrate? Believe it or not, every stone has a different vibration, and the one you just chose stands to have a good chance to be on the same vibrational level that you are.

It's a wonderful feelinng, when it happens. They truly choose you, not the other way around.

No comments: