4.01.2007

This week on the Copywitch

I always try to make up for the week on the weekend, and my poor misused blog is no exception. I'm working on details to make my life more liveable, and if they work out, then I'll have more time to blog. Can't do it at work; I'm so busy there there is no time except for email-checking. ;) Love it.

I discovered a fine room in Cologne, only to have the hubs dump on it as being "too far out". He doesn't realize the astronomical prices , or anything about it over there, and I feel like we aren't thinking far enough ahead - why move when Oma and Opa (Grandma and Grandpa) are here in Dortmund, we have the place rent-free, and they are ready-made babysitters for the little witch or wizard coming in a couple years?

Most of my tiredness and frustration comes from the three different trains I have to take every morning and the rude people on them. In the morning, I need my time to think and meditate. Can't do that on the train with a person snoring right next to you (or worse).

I'm gonna talk to hubs about purchasing an entirely new automobile (Vespa is, unfortunately, out) so that I can drive to work instead of take the train. I think that will, if not completely cure it, make the drive much more enjoyable and easy long-term. I'm thinking, right now, either a 2007 Honda Civic or a 2007 BMW 1 Series 5-door...I don't know if they are in the US yet (the BMW) but it's a far more chic, cheaper version of a BMW, and they are national cars, so should be cheaper on repairs.

The new Cat from my friend is a go. Hubs knew better than to mess with me on that, so he'll be coming end of this month (April) sooner if we can get a good flight. I'm excited - the Cat will finally have a playmate and we'll also be able to do such a good thing by taking this poor abused baby in. He'll be the hubs' Cat, and he's already really looking forward to "being in charge", so to say, of his very own cat.

Fun times.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

Remember when I commented about all the stray dogs and cats at Nestlewood? Well, Sunday Chris took them to a local farm. I feel like complete and total sh*t, and so does he, but we know they will be fed and taken care of. Not euthanized. And to balance out the scales, after our garden is planted and sprouted, when there is no chance of it being scratched up, we are going to the animal shelter to adopt a cat. She will have all her shots and be "fixed", so that she can't reproduce at random.