12.25.2006

Have you ever??

I had a weird experience last night I've just got to say something about, but first, let me give a little backstory.

I've always seen things out of the corner of my eye. I've asked the doctor about it (trying to get that rational explanation B.H. - Before Heathen) but he just went into a Cones/Rods discussion while rolling *his* eyes the whole time. So I just gave up on the whole thing and let the things continue shadowing in and out.

The past two years its been getting stronger and stronger. Always going very fast, but sometimes I can make out shapes, and it eats at me. Why can't I see the full thing?

A.H. (After Heathen) I've been looking into it, and discovered the faery clause...that those little slips are faeries living in your house, or visiting you. There are entire websites out there specifically advising how to contact faeries, if you're the type to want to do that.

I wondered if this might have something to do with it, so I decided to run a test. I set up a little saucer on the windowsill with brown sugar on it. I also put a candle by it (out of beeswax strips I had purchased at the Weihnachtsmarkt and made myself-they smell wonderful and are very cheery and bright looking. It seemed like a good idea). The windowsill in the kitchen is the one place that the Cat never goes (as it's rather cold in the kitchen and his food is on the table, so why bother with the windowsill?) so I decided to put it there.

A good neutral place for an attempted faery-contact, so to say. I set it up about a week ago, and left it be.

Last night I was preparing for the parents in law Christmas celebration (they don't mind me being what I am, but Christmas still goes down) and was in the bathroom talking to the Cat. He has a seat in there, and was meowing back at me, when I saw the darndest thing out of the corner of my eye...

Some little thing sauntered very casually across the doorway, heading from the living room to the kitchen. I have the distinct feeling he was a he, and he was a little nut-brown thing, two legs, and he was naked (I didn't see any clothes or any gross bits). At least a foot tall. Totally sauntering, no other word would describe it.

But so slowly! It was so SLOW! I looked down at the cat, and he had whipped his head to look at the doorway, although he didn't get up and go towards it. (They must have some sort of agreement).

I was so excited. I let him have some time (until I had finished getting ready) and then the Cat and I went into the kitchen. Of course this little man wasn't there, but the SUGAR was moved all around and some was missing.

I had always made the sugar very smooth in the mornings, and while sometimes the candle was knocked over this week, the sugar hadn't been moved around. Until last night. It wasn't the Cat, it wasn't me, and it wasn't the DH (he wouldn't mess with me about something like that). Certainly wasn't the boy-dog.

I'm convinced it was my little faery. Man, we've got faeries in the building! I'm going to keep his sugar in there (these people recommend changing the little gift every day, who am I to argue) and see how much farther I can get. Maybe I can talk to him, too! Who knows?

What do you think? I'd love to know...

This site (I have more) advise you to set up something that the faery would like and how to go about contacting them on your own. (FYI they advise against alcohol, which I wouldn't do anyway).

This site explains the Cones/Rods thing.

3 comments:

Mutableblue said...

wow! That's fascinating. I've always seen things like that but never taken time to try something like that.

AutumnZ said...

I too have always seen things. Both my children do as well. I don't even question it anymore. I just smile to myself and know that there are things out there that are not readily available to the everyday world.

Genhywfar said...

It was really so neat. I think you and pixie would really be good at it, steph, and Autumn - wouldn't it be an interesting thing to try?

I'm going to keep trying and see how far I can go.