3.05.2007

Fun on the train

Well. Tonight I had to wait for an hour (bringing my total amount of on train time to 6.5 hours today, blech) in the train, as some kids were playing on the tracks. Playing.

And let me tell you, this is easy compared to the chaps that *jump in front of it* regularly in the winter. Jeez.

But guess what I did when I was waiting on the train?

Played with my new tarot deck.

That's right. First one ever.

I was in Leipzig last weekend (as you all know) and happened to go into the regular bookstore, where they had a huge selection of tarot card decks. The faery one (a miniature deck) jumped out at me, and so I took it (them??) home.

The illustrations are okay...at first I thought they were a little hokey but as the deck all but jumped in my hand, I didn't have an opportunity or possibility to take another. I was going off signs and the signs said to take that one.

I figure I'll play with it some more...move the cards around in my hands...read about what they represent, and try the daily card for awhile to get the hang of it. They feel warm and safe in my hands, so I'm assuming I got a good deck.

Any tarot books you can recommend?

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

I use the old standby _Rider Waite. Since I'm still fairly new at Tarot, I don't have any decks other than that one.

I would love to collect them, though.
I love Vintage Halloween prints. I saw a Tarot deck somewhere that was Vintage Halloween postcards. It was so cute, but really pricey.

Athana said...

Dear Genhywfar,

I would recommend The Tarot: The Origins, Meaning and Uses of the Cards, by Alfred Douglas, and published by Penguin Books.