3.12.2007

Ob da debil

Did you ever watch the Waterboy? Classic Adam Sandler.

Anyway, his mama has the ultimate downer "that's why, just accept it" when she says "xx is Ob Da Debil" (of the devil, fur you northerners).

I am in complete accord with mama Sandler about trains.

Trains are ob da debil. The Christian kind, because no pagan devil would be so cruel.

I've recently discovered I have an issue about trains; namely, I'm panicking the entire time in between Cologne (where I work) and the Train station (where I take the train to Dortmund), then I'm panicking on the train and can't sleep to Dortmund, then I panic in Dortmund to get the street train to where I live.

Two point five hours of panic is not cool.

I know why I panic: I'm afraid I'll miss the train. What will happen that is bad if I miss the train? You name it, natural disasters, I'll lose my job, the Cat will die, etc etc etc.

It makes absolutely no sense, but there it is.

I'm pretty sick of it by now. Yesterday I was reading on Blogical (sidebar) about feelings and auras, and wondered: am I not grounding myself enough when I get on the train? Are everybodys feelings rubbing off onto me? Maybe it's not me, but its just being dumped on me?

It was a valid question. I didn't have enough time to research it yesterday, but today I nought my first "outed" book. Your aura and your chakras, a guide. It had good reviews, we'll see how it really is.

I also practiced (the entire train trip) grounding myself and imaging my aura not merging or touching anybody elses, and I imagined it blue, for calm. It seemed to work; I felt a little calmer. I'm going to work on this this week and see what can be done with it.

I find myself jumping around a little in between subjects, and I don#t like that all that well. So I'm going to try and focus on this, then on something else...maybe that will be more efficient than a hodge-podge of stuff...we'll see.

How you doing? Been on a train lately? Grrr.

1 comment:

Mutableblue said...

I love trains! (proper trains, not the subway trains) Some of my best times spent in Australia were traveling their rail system.

But then my grandfather worked on the B&M so I've always associated them with him, that can be some pretty powerful magic.