3.17.2007

Tarot work

I've had lots of time this week on the train and I've spent it by handling my little tarot deck of Fairies...picking a card per day...waiting on the book I ordered from the UK to get here about the tarot.

It is QUITE a good book! It talks about the history, the cards, how to get to know them, how to learn how to read them, etc. In fact, it made so much sense, that I've decided to learn each card in the way they talk about, and I feel really strongly about it being the right way for me todo it.

How does this work? Well, to put the cards in order (major and minor arcana) and then go through them one at a time, thinking about each card, it's significance, how I feel about the card when I look at it, hold it, think about it, and writing it down. My new journal will do admirably for this job.

The authors' premise is that you must first allow your intuition to learn the cards and merge with them properly, and that there are no "evil" or bad cards...there are just many meanings of them.

It makes me really excited, and so I'm going to work on it this week.

I also received (finally) a ring I had purchased for the hubby some time ago. It's ogham, a ring of peace, and I thought it would help him focus for his PHD studies. I'm planning on doing a really nice ritual onthe night of the next dark moon (before the Solstice Oestern) and sending lots of calming power and energy into it: here's a pic of it:Isn't it nice? I'm dancing with impatience until I can give it to him, and he probably won't understand the significance of it, but at least he'll have it. It's a really nice ring.

No comments: