2.18.2007

Ah, it's the little things

Just sitting here searching through flats in Köln, where the new job is. It's bloddy expensive, moreso than I thought. It's a gigantic gigantic city, and I'm going to live there (giddy). Probably in 4-5 months, at least.

The world being what it is today, I'm having serious issues thinking about buying a car. The hubs wants one, he believes we need it. I'm not so sure, as a) I really have gotten used to not paying for them LOL b) they are so *dirty* to the world, and c) they're expensive to buy!

So, just for fun, I was searching through the internet and I think I'm in love:



Only problem is I don't know how to drive it. It's a Vespa, 50 ccs, so it's small, and versatile. They drive them here lots, tho less than in Italy, I must say. I'm enamoured with the idea of driving it.

But then, being me, I'd want cute retro helmets and stuff, and I dont know if I can find it. If I can, I'm going to prepare an argument and then I'm hitting hubs up.

I'm off to search for helmets. More deep thoughts coming tomorrow. ;)

3 comments:

Debbi said...

That is so cute.
So, is hubby excited about moving?
I'd be a danger driving in Europe, that other side of the road thing, ya know. lol.

Mutableblue said...

that is SWEET!

Genhywfar said...

Hey Debs, well, we're lucky...Germans drive on the "right" side of the road (hee hee) although they have road rules that would make your head spin. He's absolutely over the moon about living there, he's really pushing to get it done, pronto, so I think I'll balance that against the Vespa. I do so adore it.

Steph: Thanks! Can't you see Pixie on it? I managed to find some absolutely darling retro helmets, my hubs' dad was a driving school teacher and has promised me to teach me how to drive it, so now all I gotta do is get hubs to accept it.

But I did it with the Cat, so I think I'll be okay. ;)