2.16.2007

Clair-things

I regularly skip through the internet, picking up things here and there. This was one of the coolest sites I have found (thanks Jeff).

Shift your spirits is a website set up by a man that is a psychic and used to do readings for people, but then was set on a different path - to actually teach people how to do it themselves. I've read everything in his blog (which I do sometimes, if I find it particularly interesting) and one post jumped out at me.

This post discussed Clairaudience.

Think about it: when you read emails from people, or a book, or a magazine article, or whatever (as long as it's written word) whose voice do you hear? Yours? Stop and think about it.

I can say I hear totally different voices for those I read *depending*. On what? My level of involvement in the reading material, how long I've been reading things from them, etc. Last night I went back to my favourite blogs and read through them all, getting a particularly different voice from each (and writing down my impressions of the voice I was hearing). I then went to my two favourite books and read them. Each is different!

What I wonder is if the voices I hear in my head are the voices of you guys out there. I would love to create an experiment and read a blog, then call you, to compare what I heard in my head vs the ear.

Wouldn't that be interesting?



3 comments:

Mutableblue said...

Thanks for sharing the link, I'm going to have to give it a good going over. My experience with clairaudience is static-y voices and the occasional shouting voice (like this morning I got a loud "Stephanie!"). I've never thought about how I hear what I read. I'll have to pay attention to that.

Debbi said...

I've never thought about different voices while reading either. Interesting.
I do hear voices, but do the ones in my head count?? lol. Why yes they do, they said. ;)
And the voices aren't my voice, that I've known forever.
The spirits or ghosts that I encounter always have their own voices too.
I'll have to check out that site. Thanks.

AutumnZ said...

I hear the written word in a completely different way than I speak the written word. It all depends on what I'm reading. As for the way I speak, well, I have lived in Alabama 34 years, so use your imagination. Take all the Bad Southern accents you have heard in the movies and combine them and you pretty much have me. Oddly enough, though, when I sing, I have no accent at all.