2.28.2007

Pan I believe in magic

I realize that posts are a little hit and miss right now; for that, I apologize. I seem to be getting the hang of getting up so early, so maybe it'll be better.

Have you watched Pan's Labyrinth yet? Yes? No?

If not, getcha butt in there. It's amazing.

Better bloggers than me have reviewed it, but let me say: the background story is fantastic (to my eternal shame, I knew nothing about what happened in Spain during WWII) and really brought you into the story. The faeries (you'll see) and the man with an eye problem (ditto) were good, but let me tell you what stole the show:

Pan.

Pan as in, the old earth dweller with goat horns and legs. Absolutely stunning. I haven't seen anything to compare to that old man in cinema ever, almost. I can't put it into words, but he was a perfect representation of what I would envision Pan to look like: part of the earth, vines growing, and spirals decorating. Just brilliant. Every time he came on I was mesmerized.

I dragged the hubs along, as I really wanted him to see it, and he thought the world of Pan, too. Man.

I'm going to try and find a screenshot of him that I can put as the background to my computer screen. I think he's beautiful.

(WARNING: Do NOT take your kids to see this movie. It's very realistic, and very grown-up, and has some horrendous scenes. *shivers*)

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

I don't know what rock I've been living under, but I've never even heard of it!