2.01.2007

The hare in my head

Lately, (the past few days) I've been seeing hares and rabbits everywhere - live ones (hopping), in my dreams, as symbols...everywhere. I try to keep my eyes open to the world I live in (and not just the stars) now, and so I did notice them all. I'm proud of that, at least.

I've been looking into the Celtic myths containing hares - it seems the hare was beloved of Cerridwen, and Nemain.

I've never been one to have affinities for particular gods or goddesses - I was more of a nature-gods type - but I wonder if I'm being contacted for a particular reason. To have support offered? To let me know I need to do something? It bothers me that I am unable to figure it out.

If I could meditate more, and know for sure those that showed up in my dreams were my guides (the raven, the cat, the dog) maybe I could be able to ask. This is frustrating - I don't know enough!

I'm also planning to try AZs recommendation of sitting and clearing my head, petting the Cat. He usually is able to calm me down through his solid presence. I really want to figure this meditation thing out.

3 comments:

Mutableblue said...

Happy (belated) Imbolg!!

The Hare is also associated with Boudicea, legend has it she would release a hare from her skirts to signal battle.

Love love love rabbits. :D

Anonymous said...

There is a native american story (sorry, can't remember which tribe off the top of my head) about the rabbit. He is terrified of the eagle, that the eagle will swoop down and carry him away for lunch. So he screams and cries about how scared he is of the eagle. Well, the eagle hears his screams and cries and swoops down and carries him off for lunch! I was on a retreat where we were supposed to meditate and see an animal. The rabbit is what came to me, and this was the story the retreat director told me. It was very appropos for me. I tend to attract the very thing I am most afraid of, draw it in on myself out of my fear.

*shrugs* Just tossing that out as another rabbit symbol/meaning.

Genhywfar said...

Hey Maritza, That is a seriously cool story. And you're right, it's exactly what I've been doing. I need to calm down and let the energy that I have when I'm there infuse me outside of it. Then I think I'm good.

The appointment is on Tuesday. Eeek