2.19.2007

Goodness!

So this morning I'm free of any type of work (until 3 pm, that is) and I've been doing one of my absolute favourite-est things in the world: net surfing while the Cat twitches, dreaming, in his CatSack.

Honestly. I love it.

I also really like the WildHunt Blog. He opens up worlds within Paganism that I sometimes find completely amazing, yet somehow believable.

Case in point: Otherkin.

Do you know what they are? Humans that believe that they are: elves, angels, dragons, trolls, animals, etc. Not just think they are. They are that creature locked into a human body. It's absolutely fascinating.

Me, in my ditziness, never even dreamed something like that was out there. I mean, it does make sense. You can be whatever you wanna be in my book, as long as you don't hurt anybody doing it. I spent some time going through websites linked to the Otherkin this morning, and well, the people do resemble their favourites (one case in particular, a long tall rangy skinny chap with a honking nose and flame-red hair believed himself to be a dragon. It was no feat of imagination to envision him as one. Logical, really, right?).

And you know what? Who am I to say "nope, can't be" for them? I mean, c'mon, I live with a fairy named Eli, a Cat that talks to me, a world filled with sparkling brightness where I am a native walker therein. Many would think I'm nuts!

It's just amazing, the diversity.

Back to the webpage. But take a look and see what you think. BTW - what is your position on Otherkin? Do you think they belong within the Pagan sphere or somewhere outside it?

2 comments:

Mutableblue said...

that is fascinating!

oh and I finished off "the deed"...

tiny bit of regret, I think I did this far too soon...

AutumnZ said...

I went to the site but couldn't find any pictures. It's so interesting.

And I'm with you. Who am I to say if they are real or not? What did Hamlet say? There is more in heaven and earth than is dreamed of in your philosophy. Paraphrasing, yes, but still, the point is the same.