1.10.2007

Developing Intuition

I've been very interested lately in developing myself inside, in areas I never considered: ergo, intuition (and empathy, but we'll go into that later) has been high on my to-do list.

The most comforting thing about it is it's all up to me. I have the possibilities in myself, and in this, I have some measure of control. Everyone has intuition, but sometimes it's not been used as in my case. So I take comfort in the fact that I have flabby psychic muscles. Now I have to tone them. (Thank goodness I don't have to put them on some sort of psychic diet).

Intuition is a valuable part of heathen-y type abilities. I mean, think about it; how often are you truly inside your body? Most people live inside their heads, with too much stress and everyday thoughts to really tune in to their intuition. So when it rears up and thumps them on the head, they are confused and don't know how to handle it or what exactly it is.

So I present a couple big recommendations from online, books and private thoughts on the matter.

Trust and follow hunches

I actually had this happen to me the other day. I was walking to work (I take the streetcar into town, but it's a 10 to 15 minute walk) when I had a sight of a bus pulling into the stop. It was a particular angle, this viewpoint, and I was confused, as the direction I was going would not permit me to see the bus in that angle if I was waiting on it.

But wait! There was another bus stop behind me, and as I turned around to check it I saw the bus and the angle perfectly. I had to hoof it, but I made it in. (This must have been a little psychic push from the cat, as we share a mighty dislike of rain and it was pouring down).

Markers or signs

Pay attention to particular markers or signs that keep popping up. I have read about this on other blogs, that particular numbers or pictures continuously show up. I have to be more aware of my surroundings to notice this (usually I have my head in the clouds when I'm walking) so I will attempt to do this more.

Learn how it comes to you

My intuition (although admittedly rather newly paid attention to) seems to come in the form of short pictures and strong feelings. I have been more inside my body through meditation lately (which is what numerous information bits recommend, to find your center) and what I've had so far seems to help this.

They also recommend dream journals and other things that make less sense to me. But these certainly do make a lot of sense. I think.

Here is a great article I found concerning the subject.

1 comment:

AutumnZ said...

YES!! If we could only learn to really listen to our intuition.

I tell my daughter this all time. She will tell me she has a weird feeling in her belly and doesn't know what it means. I told her it's her heart telling her what she needs to do. When the feeling is a happy feeling, she will know she's doing the right thing.