1.05.2007

Traveller

Writing this from an internet cafe in the not-so-sunny city of Leipzig. We are looking for flats here for the new move (coming up, coming up - perhaps in a couple of months?)

I did find some very interesting information, though.

Thanks to WitchVox, I have located a group of female heathens that are based in this area (between Chemnitz and Leipzig). That will be very cool when I am here finally. Also, Brocken mountain (where the witches in Germany all fly to on Walpurgisnacht - Beltaine) is only one hour away. You can guarantee I will be going out there to see what I can feel asap.

The freelancing thing is going. German companies do not dig freelancers, in a huge way. Sometimes it is a bit distressing. But I have recently decided to broaden my horizons, so to say, and hit up Switzerland and Austria (as they both have German speaking parts), Belgium (ditto), Netherlands (as they need native speakers) and Sweden (just cause I wanna).

The husband thinks I should try to find a job in berlin and just do that. I am unsure, as I have always wanted to really give this the good ole college try. I vacillate.

Which is also why I am here, to think about what to do for a couple days. I am so unsure.

At least I have my rocks (amethyst, agate, quartz) that help to ease the troubled mind.

3 comments:

Mutableblue said...

good luck!!

AutumnZ said...

So, you are an American living in Germany who is moving to Leipzig? Or is it Switzerland? How did you end up where you are doing what you are doing?

Genhywfar said...

;) I am an American married to a German lving in Dortmund preparing to move to Leipzig...I've been doing writing and editing here, only as a job and not freelancing.

Leipzig is in the east and there are *no* jobs here for English speakers...practically none for the Germans....so it's either freelancing or commuting to Berlin (1 hr) if I can find a job there.

Thus the rub.