1.29.2007

Whee updates

First off: yummy yummy yummy. I am all better now; the mac and cheese, combined with the Doritoes and oreos fought off these puny little German bugs like nobodies' business. I am all better!

The Cat a-d-o-r-e-s the Doritoes. We shared chips - 1 for him, 1 for me, and so on. He doesn't like the oreos, but the dog does. I had to give him a couple, 'cause he was whining.

Job outlook? Pretty good. I went on Thursday and had a great interview - I work there for the month of February as a freelancer anyway, and two weeks in we'll decide if we like each other and, if so - I GOT the job starting March 1!!! V. exciting. They are a total class act. Plus their client is so well known and I don't have that particular market in my repetoire yet, so they are loads ahead.

The freelancing job (on Thursday night) is great, but I wonder if I'll be able to do it having a fulltime job. Right now it's not an issue, as they don't have it yet (gotta make the pitch to the client first) but if they do, I've got that too. That is some crazy shizzle.

The interview today was a joke. I was so disappointed - I showed up, they were in a meeting 30 minutes late! then I saw them for five minutes - where they informed me:

- they had something they wanted me to do (I have the sneaking suspicion this was the intent all along)
- they hadn't got together any kind of job offer, but how low would I be willing to go? (classy, huh?)
- I would be part of the beauty team (a joke if you know me, I'm the biggest tomboy imaginable, but anyway)
- oh, and could I please finish this one little thing before I left? (five Television treatments, hello!! do I look like a sucker??)

I thought this was a job interview! After I got finished being mad, I had to laugh about it. The taxi driver (taking me back to the main train station) asked me why I kept huffing. I was still mad at this time, so I said, "it's 'cause I wouldn't work there if I had to!" he laughed but it's true. I was so disappointed.

So I have one serious fulltime if I can blow their socks off, which I think is possible. Thank goodness Imbolc is this Friday - I have it off and I will be able to enjoy the holiday properly. Then for the entire month of Friday I'm between Dortmund and Köln, which is great.

I have to do some meditation and calm my brain, because it is heavily fried fried fried.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I'm so sorry that the second interview didn't work out.
But YEAH you nailed the first one. Good for you.