1.15.2007

Energy and Intuition - where do they mix?

I was reading a very interesting post on a Pagan Sojourn by Blogickal author Angela-Eloise, which talked about how every thought we think is magic(k).

One paragraph, in particular, stood out: "Just as I learned early on how my words and thoughts had power, I also began to learn about energy. This work is at the core of witchcraft - you need to be able to work with energy to be an effective witch - and no matter how advanced a witch becomes, she will always return to these basic lessons again and again..."

Certainly an "a ha" moment.

How much does the energy all around us actually affect our intuition? Does our energy serve as a "notice board" of our interior being, in effect pulling to us what we're feeling? A help or a hindrance, so to say?

This is very interesting to me, as lately I've been very negative concerning my job situation. Fear and uncertainty cooperated to reduce me to a quivering mess...to freelance or not? if not, what about a job? can I find one? These questions have been circling in my mind like a flock of buzzards for some days.

I think my energy (and intuition in work) has suffered as a result of this fear and uncertainty...I've certainly received no new jobs, done nothing constructive about it. My husband says that my passion about it is gone, I think that my energy is dark and it's pulling more to me.

So I'm going to run myself a little experiment. Not blind optimism, but I'm going to start remembering all the companies that have put their faith in my writing skills every time I feel low. A litte like "awake" meditating, as soon as I recognize I'm feeling low, I'm going to try and actively think about positive aspects of my career. Same goes for the job...positive thinking is going to get me farther than anything...

The experiment starts today and runs this week. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

AutumnZ said...

Yes, the positve energy really does help. When I feel overwhelmed and not in control of my mood, I say to myself "Autumn Zephyr, you are not thinking like a witch." It gives me the perspective that I need. PS, your goodies will go into the mail tomorrow :-)

Genhywfar said...

Hey Autumn Zephyr....

You are my total hero.

(And I like your hair)