1.16.2007

A nifty announcement

I am really excited to say that, in conjunction with Mama Kelly's "a blog of two witches" (and perhaps Stephs, but she's on holiday right now, whee) I'm going to be providing them with coloring sheets for the little pagan/heathens among us. How nifty is that?

Mama Kelly's got an outstanding idea going, providing pagan/heathen-y materials for kids, and I wanted to give a little something back to our online community....

So I'll be creating coloring-book pages for her great resource. (Did I mention I was a full scholarship music and art student, once upon a time?)

And...here is your chance to contribute. (You knew that was coming, right?) Our next larger holiday is Imbolc, and I've been researching on it and here are main ideas I've gleaned from online (it seems poor Imbolc is the red-headed stepchild of the pagan holidays?? I couldn't find much):

- Light / fire / purification
- Spring lambs and sheep
- Corn dolly ("bridie doll")
- Snowdrops and primroses emerging from the snow
- brighid
- bears and honey
- brighids cross/wheat

Anything I'm missing, that you know of? Please do let me know. I've decided this will be my evening fun for awhile, getting some built up. I'm going to break the pictures up for little kids (1-6) and older (7-?) ... I'm dreaming of big books full of coloring pages just over our holidays and everything.

Please let me know of any suggestions! I'm all excited!

No comments: